- READ with someone at least 20 minutes daily and record the time on your sign-off sheet. It can be time you read alone, time someone reads to you, or a combination of the two. You can also record time you read on weekends!
- That is all that is required!
- Return the Homework Folder EVERY day!
- EXTRA PRACTICE
- MATH 5 minutes - except short days. Extra pages can be printed at home through the Go Math link.
- SPELLING 3-5 minutes - Practice your list of words each day. Each week will focus on the sounds we are studying in class. The new set of words will come home the beginning of the week on the information sheet with the pencil. Spelling tests will be given on short days.
- SIGHT WORDS 2-3 minutes - practice reading and listen to your CD. Word lists will be passed off in class. Your student will have a blue or yellow slip of paper in the homework folder with their name and date on it to show the list your student is currently practicing. Students must read the words out of order and quickly without sounding them out to pass the list. Other possible ways to practice may include making your own flashcards or writing the words in the dirt. Be creative! Students who pass off all 200 words before the end of the year will win a prize!
There is information in the homework folder to help with reading, writing and math at home.
Number Card Games
Make 4 cards each of the numbers 0-9 on 3x5 index cards for a deck of 40 cards. Choose any of these games to play and make it easier or harder using the suggestions below the instructions.
If you have lost your list, you can print a new list from this link.
Think Central GO MATH - - Click Here
When you get to this webpage, enter the information for state (Utah), district (Granite School District, Salt Lake City), and school (Philo T. Farnsworth) in the drop down boxes. Click the "Remember my Information" box so you don't have to fill in the drop down boxes each time. Your user name and password are your student number both times.
When you get to the portal webpage, enter your student number and password that you use to get into the computer at school. Then click on "Core Applications" at the bottom and click on the Wonders icon. It will take you to Wonders where you need to click on the "To Do" button. You now have access to all the reading materials and games for the current week of instruction.